To meet the need of obtaining sufficient numbers of functional CSC populations, CD BioSciences offers one-solution services to obtain CSCs from cancer cells. Our services provide sufficient quantities and relative stability of CSCs and facilitate the success of our global clients in developing CSC-targeted therapeutic programs.
Overview of pancreatic CSCs
Pancreatic CSCs (or stem-like cells) have been identified through various cellular and animal models as potential cancer-inducing cells capable of initiating new tumor tissue. These cells were first demonstrated in 2007 and account for 0.5~1.0% of all PC cells.
- Pancreatic CSC characteristics
Pancreatic CSCs have the characteristics of CSCs, expressing cell surface markers CD44, CD24, and epithelial-specific antigens (ESA/EpCAM). Other markers, such as CD133, c-Met, ALDH1, DclK1, CXCR4, and Lgr5, have also been used to identify pancreatic CSCs. Moreover, pancreatic CSCs upregulate developmental important genes(SHH and BMI-1) that maintain normal stem cell self-renewal, with self-renewal and multilineage differentiation properties. Signaling cascades essential in tumor metastasis are also upregulated in pancreatic CSC.
Fig. 1 Molecular pathways related to cancer stem cells markers in pancreatic cancer cell. (Gzil, Arkadiusz, et al., 2019)
- Pancreatic CSC chemoresistance
Pancreatic CSCs are highly resistant and can survive conventional treatments that interfere with complete tumor eradication. Inactivation of drug metabolism, drug efflux from cells, and mutation or deregulation of drug targets are common mechanisms of chemoresistance in CSCs. Besides, the specific pancreatic CSC microenvironment and the epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT) process are also considered to contribute to drug resistance.
Induction of pancreatic cancer cells to CSCs
CD BioSciences has an in-depth understanding of PC cell and CSC assays. Based on skillful experts and proven methods, we are offering sufficient numbers of CSCs for research. Our service is based on a heterochromatin modulation approach that reprograms cancer cells by modulating chromatin structure using small molecule compounds. After a few days of processing, the induced cells will be carefully identified and screened. We offer a full range of pancreatic CSC identification to ensure that the cells you receive meet your project requirements, including,
- Sphere-forming assays
- Characterization of induced sphere cells
- Functional features of induced sphere cells
- Tumorigenicity in vivo
For more details, please refer to our pancreatic CSC detection and identification services.
Application of our services
- Further exploration of the molecular mechanisms underlying the initiation, progression, and maintenance of PC
- Discovery of new molecular targets driving PC initiation, progression, and metastasis that can be used as new therapeutic or treatment targets
- Preclinical evaluation of new anticancer drugs and strategies for PC
- Screening and identification of new validated biomarkers for early detection of PC
CD BioSciences can prepare pancreatic CSCs in an efficient way, contributing to the development of pancreatic CSC-targeting therapies as well as the development of personalized therapeutic approaches based on CSCs heterogeneity. If you are interested in our services, please feel free to contact us. We are looking forward to working on your next projects!
- Gzil, Arkadiusz, et al. "Markers of pancreatic cancer stem cells and their clinical and therapeutic implications." Molecular biology reports 46.6 (2019): 6629-6645.
- Xu, Zhengyan, et al. "Rapid induction of pancreatic cancer cells to cancer stem cells via heterochromatin modulation." Cell Cycle 17.12 (2018): 1487-1495.
- Di Carlo, Claudia, Jessica Brandi, and Daniela Cecconi. "Pancreatic cancer stem cells: perspectives on potential therapeutic approaches of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma." World journal of stem cells 10.11 (2018): 172.